Can a car be registered in one name and insured in another in ct?

A non-homeowner's car insurance policy can protect you from financial hardship if you cause an accident while driving a borrowed car. Non-homeowner coverage may not be as easy to find as traditional policies, but all of the following insurance companies offer insurance for people who don't own property in Connecticut. This is a special type of insurance that covers you when you drive rented or borrowed vehicles, and it's a good investment if you regularly drive someone else's car. You asked why auto insurance companies require that the title, registration, and insurance of a motor vehicle be all in the name of the same name.

Non-homeowner car insurance policies do not offer additional coverage, such as collision reimbursement, all-risk, roadside assistance, towing and rental, because there is no specific vehicle that the policy should insure. Car insurance for non-homeowners is a form of liability coverage that protects you in the event that you have an accident while driving someone else's car. To buy an auto insurance policy that isn't from the owner, you'll need to talk to an agent on the phone or in person. For example, if you don't have a car and you have to drive a particular friend's vehicle for your daily commute, you might be able to convince the insurance company that you have a stake in the car.

Although car insurance generally depends on the car and not the driver, you may have to pay the costs if the damage exceeds the limits of the homeowner's policy. However, an insurer may decide not to insure a person whose name is not on the vehicle registration. Geico's non-homeowners car insurance offers liability insurance to cover other people's expenses if you're responsible for an accident. In Connecticut, insurance for people outside your landlord can pay for injuries and property damage that you cause to others, but it won't cover damage to the borrowed car or your medical expenses.

Yes, Geico offers car insurance for people who don't own a car or have access to a car owned by someone in their household. Some of the larger auto insurance companies don't offer policies for non-homeowners, such as Allstate and Liberty Mutual.